Monday, April 15, 2013

Coming Soon!

In case you missed our big news...Madison will be a big sister early this summer!

Luke Ryan Castile is due to arrive on June 8th.  We are over the moon excited and maybe just a little nervous about it!  Since most people ask, Madison definitely does not understand what is happening.  She thinks everyone, including men and daddies, have babies in their tummies.  She does like to pat my stomach and tell me "shhh" the baby is sleeping, but that is pretty much the extent of it.  Now that we are starting to work on his nursery (no judgement, we've still got 8 weeks...) we have been talking about "Luke's room" and his bed, etc. I fully anticipate that the first few weeks will be tricky.  And, I do worry about how she will feel.  I firmly believe that a sibling is one of the best gifts and I am so hopeful that she will love him and they will grow to be best friends!  Luckily for us, my mom has agreed to stay for several extra days to help with the transition.  Madison is the luckiest little girl and has such a special bond with her grandparents, so this will truly be helpful!

He is for sure, a second child.  While we are excited about him joining our family, we haven't been quite so diligent about our preparations.  Ryan just finished painting a dresser for his room and we just decided on bedding.  I'm hopeful that in the next few weeks I can start to do a little decorating and washing of clothes, etc.  My sweet sweet friends were pretty convincing and we settled on a "drop-in" baby shower for him. I am excited for all things little boy and how different this will be for us as a family!

Thanks for checking in on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment