Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nursery

This post is looong over-due, but as I expected, I'm kind of a slacker on posting. BUT - I'm going to try to do better, at least until Madison comes!
A few weeks ago we actually started working on the nursery. Our furniture came in and our very nice neighbor, Jamie, helped Ryan pick up and move the crib and dresser upstairs into the nursery. I wish I'd taken pictures of the actual move up the stairs - those were some heavy boxes!
Ryan had been warned that setting up the crib was very challenging, but he didn't seem to struggle at all. Maybe that's the engineering classes paying off!
Here he is putting it together:


The crib and dresser are from Babies R Us. Of course, once he had the furniture up, I couldn't wait any longer to put up the bedding and curtains. Both are from Restoration Hardware and I fell in love with them months ago. When we decided not to paint the nursery (as our friends pointed out - it is ALREADY gray, why paint it gray?) we decided to splurge for the matching curtains. I love that they are pink - but not bubble gum pink. The room is soothing and calm. We still have a lot to do, as far as decorating goes, but we are both so happy with the the progress!


Dawson and Sadie are a little confused about this room!

Here is the crib with the bedding it it!

It was dark, so the the lighting isn't great - but here's a glimpse at the curtains and furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment