Monday, February 21, 2011

Shower for Madison

I want to start this post off by letting everyone know that it is 70 degrees and I'm sitting outside on the back porch! In February! Life is truly wonderful!

The first week in March my wonderful sister-in-law, Michelle, and two girlfriends, Casey & Kelly, threw a shower in honor of Madison. It was such a treat to be with so many of my favorite girls! All my college roommates were there, my close friends from work, my mother -in-law and other sister-in-law, and various other girls that mean so much to me were able to make it! Even my mom was able to make it from Missouri - that was so special. I admit, I always get a little nervous before events such as these, groups of people coming together that don't know each other, but that's just silly! The girls that threw it did a great job of coming up with a few games and there was plenty of food and baby girl-themed gifts! Madison is one lucky little gal - and she's not even here. Below are a collection of pictures from the shower.

Krysta, Sue and I concentrating on our games! Krysta made it in from Greensboro and Suzanne from Columbia, SC!
Kelly's mom, Katherine, made this amazing cake! The head was chocolate and the body a lemon pound cake. YUMMM!

The gifts are so pretty - I just love all the pink!

This is Ryan's side of the family! His older sister Christy, mom Florence and younger sister Michelle.
Me and my Mommy!
Casey to the left and Kelly to the right. I know these girls worked hard to pull this shower off and I could not be more thankful!
This is just a pretty spread of the table and all the great food!

It was such a wonderful day to share with my closest friends. I've enjoyed putting all the sweet gifts to use in preparation for Madison's arrival. Her nursery is almost done, pictures are up and clothes are washed and put away. Crazy that her due-date is quickly approaching. Thanks to everyone for all the love and support - we are so lucky and blessed!


Special thanks to Ivy for all the pictures:) I'm lucky to have such a great photographer for a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment